Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

They say everything changes when you become a parent. I think as mothers we grow up with some of those nurturing characteristics. For men though, often times, a transformation happens the day their wife looks them in the eye and says “I’m pregnant”. For us, that day was the day after Brian’s 34th birthday. I will never forget that evening when it was confirmed – Brian had tears in his eyes and we knew, at that moment everything changed.

Falling in love with Brian I knew that he was a sensitive, caring soul. Now, watching him love Jack and Braden from the depths of that soul is enough to make my heart burst.

Brian, you are everything to Jack and Braden. They cherish you. I am in awe sometimes of the patience and love you have for our two little monkeys. You are an amazing father. We were tested early – Those first few months of their lives were some of the hardest of mine, but you did it – you charged on, always positive. And in those days when I just couldn’t be positive, you quietly led me where I needed to be. We all got through that time because of you.


Happy Father’s Day!


And to my own dad… our Papa… thank you for everything you have been. And, thank you for everything you are to my own children. I love you so very much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment