Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Another year has gone by. Much faster than the first I'm afraid.

We had a very small birthday party for the boys last night. All week they had been singing happy birthday to each other, but I'm not sure they knew what was in store for them. There were balloons, presents, birthday t-shirts, and cake; oh, was there cake.

They have come so far in a year. And, Brian and I have come equally as far. Being a mom is hard. Finding balance with work and home is hard. But, I know it is all worth is on Saturday morning when I am up before the sun with the boys and we are all snuggled together under our favorite quilt watching Buzz & Woody.

This morning I find myself reflecting on all the great memories, thinking about all the good times to come, but most importantly remembering to enjoy the moment I am in. Because it's a good one.

Jack & Braden, you make me so proud to be a mommy. You both are so sweet, and kind and loving. I promise to never take a single moment of this for granted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! We loved seeing the boys.

Nancy and Walt

Kate said...

I think I've read this post 2 or 3 times now and I tear up every time - awesome post and man, are those boys beautiful!

Post a Comment