Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful.

This year, Thanksgiving was about new traditions. For years Brian and I traveled for the holidays; to the Cape, to Princeton, to Cheshire... And we always said once we had kids we would start traditions of celebrating at home. Some of my very best childhood memories are of holidays spent in my parents home. Of course, I now know how much work that was for my mother, but it was so worth it!

Brian cooked a wonderful meal and only had to call to his mother into the kitchen when it was time to make the gravy.

DSC_0105
DSC_0110

Jack loved laying on the ottoman with Hailey to watch Toy Story 3! Hailey wanted us all to be quiet, but she will learn that we just can't. We don't have it in us.
DSC_0088

DSC_0092

DSC_0113
DSC_0125

DESSERT!
DSC_0130
DSC_0121

mmmmmm Pumpkin Pie!
DSC_0140
DSC_0138

At the end of the day though, I think Brian's mom was disappointed to hear that our new tradition wasn't going to be an annual one. Back to the kitchen Margaret!

0 comments:

Post a Comment